Become a Member
Application for membership
to download form
The above Society is affiliated with the World Gastroenterology
Organisation (WGO) and the South African Medical Association (SAMA). The
following are eligible for membership:
Any medical practitioner who is registered with the Health Professional
Council of SA (HPCSA)
and (tick one or more of the following)
His/Her professional practice is confined to the practice of diseases
of the digestive system, or;
He/She is a physician, surgeon, paediatrician, pathologist or
radiologist largely engaged in digestive system diseases or has made a
special contribution to this, or;
The nature of his/her practice is such as to give him/her a special
interest in the subject of Gastroenterology or Hepatology.
If you feel that the above conditions apply to your practice and
interest, please complete the following application form, including the
signatures of two members of the Society as sponsors.
NB. Please also attach an abbreviated CV (one page) to your application.
SAGES has lots to offer its members, including the following:
- Annual congress
- Website (www.sages.co.za) with informative info
- SA Gastroenterology Review journal
- International membership of WGO, the World Gastroenterology Organisation
- Standards of practice and guidelines
- Assessment of new and emerging technologies
- Updates on meetings, etc. as you will be on the SAGES database
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships and travel grants to the congress (providing you submit an abstract).
- Fellows in training are offered the special congress registration rate as per the registrar rate.
- Twitter handle: @sa _sages